Friday 4 April 2014

First Blog of (Hopefully) Many! :)

So, this is Blogger? I've heard quite a few good things about the website, and it seems pretty cool, I guess. I just wanted somewhere to post life stories, and I seem to have found a great place.

However, these posts won't just contain any old life stories.

Before that though, let me just introduce myself in a few ways. My name (well, at least the name I will hopefully be known as sometime in the future) is L:A:B, I'm 17 years of age, I live in the UK, I'm a college student, and I aim to be a Music Producer/Artist. I want to create my own music for other people to listen to and enjoy.

This relates to what these posts will be about.

I have wanted to be a Music Producer for quite a long time now, but I've never known how to get started. A while back, I discovered FL Studio Mobile Edition for the iPad (I know, 'Mobile Edition' for the iPad, seems weird, but roll with it). I can't remember how much it cost me, but I will say that you do get your money's worth with the app. It has quite a few features available. I can't really compare this to anything else though, because I haven't used the full PC version of this software yet, and I haven't used anything of the sort before this, so it was new to me. It is a journey that will be a long one, but will be enjoyable in the long run.

I wanted somewhere to share the experience with other people; somewhere to share the journey with people who are interested in reading what happens on such a journey. So, if you are interested, sit back and read as you join this journey with me towards the future goal of me becoming a well-known Music Producer.

Some do it for the money, others do it for fame. I want to do it because I have found to enjoy messing around with software, and I enjoy creating music (or course, a little wealth and fame doesn't hurt anybody ;D).

My inspirations include Skrillex, Martin Garrix, and ESPECIALLY Avicii. I am also a massive fan of rock music. I know it doesn't really match up, but oh well. Avicii is easily one of my favourite artists, and everyone who knows me well will know that my favourite song of his is Wake Me Up. Amazing song, amazing video, end of.

Anyway, I was talking about FL Studio, wasn't I? Oops...

I have recently got back into it, knowing what type of song I wanted to do first. I had tried a different song before, but that didn't go very well, so I have scrapped the idea for it (for now). I started on a new project a day or so ago, and I have to say it's going pretty well for my second attempt. It's going to be a bass heavy track, something that dubstep lovers should really like. I don't really want to ruin much of it before I release it though. When I do release it, the place that I will be putting it up on is Soundcloud. I have an account on there that currently has nothing on there at the moment, but hopefully, as time goes by, it should start filling up. Slowly but surely. If things do start going well, I will have to invest in a full membership with Soundcloud. If I remember correctly, free members don't really get that much upload space/time, which sucks. Like I said though, a membership may be invested in if things go well.

I've got this far in the post, and I have only just remembered that I have used another couple of apps on my iPad which are quite similar to FL Studio. I have very briefly used GarageBand, however I just ended up messing around with string instruments on that one. I also used Novation Launchpad a hell of a lot. I got pretty good with that at one point. If I use it again now, I may be ok at it. There has recently been an update for it where you can record the sounds played and upload it to Soundcloud, so I may try that one day.

For those of you that don't know, Novation Launchpad is an app which contains many sound samples, both simple sounds and loops, which you can put together to make interesting tracks. Well, most of the time I use it for fun and just to mess around with, to be honest. It's free anyway, and if you want to invest money into it, there are extra sample packs available in its In-App Store. Go and check it out if you like that sort of thing.

I don't think I have anything else to put in this post. If you want to check out my (very empty) Soundcloud account, search for L:A:B in the search bar of the website. I don't have a picture yet, so don't look for anything fancy.

Thanks for reading! I will more than likely do a blog post a few times every week. Depends on how busy I am with music/college. Thanks again! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment